Phillip Island Tours
Phillip Island Tours:
- Phillip Island is located in Victoria, Australia, about 140 km southeast of Melbourne.
- It is known for its natural beauty, wildlife, and stunning coastal landscapes.
Places to Visit on a Phillip Island Tours Day Trip:
Penguin Parade: Witness the world-famous “Penguin Parade” where little penguins return to shore after a day of fishing at sunset.
Phillip Island Wildlife Park: Get up close to native Australian animals, including kangaroos, wallabies, and koalas.
Nobbies Centre: Enjoy panoramic views of the rugged coastline and spot fur seals on the rocky outcrops.
Churchill Island Heritage Farm: Explore a working heritage farm with interactive demonstrations and beautiful gardens.
Koala Conservation Centre: Observe koalas in their natural habitat from treetop boardwalks.
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit: Motorsport enthusiasts can visit the circuit that hosts the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
Cape Woolamai: Hike the scenic Cape Woolamai Walking Track for breathtaking views of the coastline.
Rhyll Inlet State Wildlife Reserve: Ideal for birdwatching and nature walks.
Fishing and Water Activities: Enjoy fishing, surfing, and other water sports at various beaches around the island.
History of Phillip Island:
Pre-European Settlement: The island was originally inhabited by the Bunurong people for thousands of years before European exploration.
European Discovery: British explorer George Bass discovered Phillip Island in 1798 and named it after Governor Arthur Phillip.
Early Settlers: European settlers arrived in the mid-1800s, engaging in farming, fishing, and logging industries.
Maritime History: The island had a significant maritime history, with shipwrecks and maritime disasters in the surrounding waters.
Conservation Efforts: In the 20th century, conservation efforts increased, protecting the island’s natural beauty and wildlife.
Tourism Development: From the mid-1900s, tourism started to flourish, attracting visitors to witness the unique penguin parade and other attractions.
World War II: During World War II, Phillip Island served as a training ground for Australian troops.
Modern Day: Today, Phillip Island Tours remains a popular destination for both locals and tourists seeking nature, wildlife, and recreational activities.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Friendly & Informative Guide
- Pickup from Selected Hotels
- National Park fees
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission – Nobbies Centre
- Entry/Admission – Cowes Beach
- Meals other than as stated
Our Phillip island Tour can have any of the following options:
Phillip Island wildlife Park
The Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
Koala Conservative Centre
Maru Wildlife Park
The Grand Prix Circuit
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout. Your pickup will be between 7am-8am depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed. This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 8pm-9pm.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
- Wheelchair accessible Vans available on request.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- Large bags, strollers, prams, baby capsules, luggage & walkers cannot be brought on board
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Get in Touch about this Tour